This morning the blood in Gwen’s diapers was worse, and she started to vomit again. The doctor came in and decided to consult another pediatrian.
When they ran her lab work this morning they found that her bands had trippled. This can point to a bacterial infection. They took some urine and a lot more blood so they could culture it all. The cultures will take 24 hours so we will be in the hospital another night. As of right now we are unsure if it will be here or up at primary childrens. The pediatrician should be here anytime now and it will be his call. They also want to check out her upper GI tract but aren’t sure when that will be done since they will have to call someone in to do it.
As always I’ll try to keep you posted. My internet connection from this room isn’t the best.